Before you berate me for the terrible grammar/ spelling I am talking about the Y Not? Festival 2016.
Now i have to admit i hadn’t heard of this festival before a friend very kindly asked me to accompany them for the weekend, and i wasn’t disappointed
Now the line up was pretty similar to that of Kendal Calling, with headliners being Editors, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Maddness, The Hives, Blossoms, etc. some pretty big bands I’m sure you agree. And how could I forget The Lancashire Hotpots
But as always some of the less well know bands on earlier on the main stages and smaller stages managed to catch my attention. Those of note for me were Circa Waves, Eliza and the Bear, Coasts and most of the Country and Western ones in the Saloon Bar.
- Tent – erm kind of a given
- Sleeping bag (s) – double for nighttime warmth
- Pillows – coz, well i like some comfort
- Food/ Drinks – Free dried pastas and bottled water and of course the obligatory cider is a must for me!
- Lanyard – i mean not only do you look super cool but also you can plan your stages
- Sanitiser – if i need to explain why then we can’t be friends!
- Head torch – ( see picture) – just for fun and hey see how awesome i look!
this is definitely one of the festival line ups i will be checking out next year